What is Character Counts?
Character Counts is a program developed to promote six key pillars of character. At OGA, we are dedicated to developing the character of our students as well as their gymnastics skills. In addition to various projects throughout the year including food drives, school supply drives, and our annual Angel Tree, each October we hold our "Character Counts Month Celebration." All OGA gymnasts are encouraged to take part in this fun, month-long exploration of character, which includes the opportunity to win a full year of free tuition!
Examples of past projects include:
- Coat drives for the homeless
- Volunteering at animal shelters
- Creating care packages for deployed service members
- Working with local youth aide organizations
- Park/neighborhood clean up efforts